This is a remarkably versatile salad you can make with just about anything in your refrigerator. Berries add a nice sweetness to the vegetables, and the mozzarella brings some salt. Mix it up however you like!
- 1 bag arugula or spring mix
- 1/2 lb asparagus sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3-4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, quartered and chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ear corn, kernels removed
- 1/2 pint blueberries or sliced strawberries
- 1/2 package fresh mozzarella balls, sliced in half
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
Mix all ingredients for the dressing. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes. Move immediately to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and sit for another 3-5 minutes until cool. Drain and set aside.
On a large platter, arrange greens in a thin layer. Arrange all remaining ingredients in lines over the greens as pictured, or if you would like just pile the veggies up!
Drizzle with dressing and serve.