ANNAPOLIS SUMMER FRUIT CSA
About the Annapolis Summer Fruit CSA
Agriberry Annapolis offers a farm share membership program featuring weekly boxes for fresh, locally raised fruit from Agriberry Farm and other family-owned farms in the region.
The Summer Fruit Share program directly supports the farm’s mission to provide meaningful agriculture training and employment in their community and freshly harvested, field-ripened berries and other fruit directly to consumers. This is a type of “community supported agriculture” program or “CSA.” The shares are pre-made and the items will be determined based on harvest availability.
Here’s more about the Annapolis Summer Fruit Shares:
- Pickups are every Wednesday for 20 weeks–that’s nearly five months of fruit!
- Shares start with the strawberry harvest, which typically begins in late April or early May.
- Provides you with weekly shares of Agriberry Farm’s nutritious berries, as well as other seasonal fruits, grown by long-time partner farmers.
Want more details? Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, which is the fastest way to connect.
Wednesday CSA Pickup Locations
- Eastport, 4-6 pm, Eastport Shopping Center, 1023 Bay Ridge Ave., Annapolis, MD 21403 (near Adam’s Ribs, look for the purple canopy)
- Severna Park. 2-7 pm, 300 Riggs Ave., Severna Park, MD 21146
- West Annapolis, 1-3 pm, beanrushcafe, 112 Annapolis St., Annapolis, MD 21401
Farm Share Costs
Annapolis Summer Farm Share members receive emails at the beginning of each delivery week. These emails include details about that week’s share and tips to help ensure you enjoy your fruit to the fullest. The emails also provide updates from the fields, member specials, and more. You’ll also receive automated pickup reminders the night before each pickup.
Favorite Farm Share Items from Previous Seasons
Members often wonder what will be in their shares each week….and so do we! We include what’s available from each week’s harvest, and availability can vary widely from year to year.
Here, however, is a list of fruit–roughly in order of time of availability–from shares for the past few seasons:
Strawberries, Asparagus, Blueberries, Rhubarb, Raspberries, Cherries, Blackberries, Plums, Yellow and White Peaches, Yellow and White Nectarines, Pears, Asian Pears, Apples, and More!
A-Town Vacations and Make-Ups
We try to be as flexible and accommodating as possible, because we know just how hectic life can be, and we want you to receive all your fruit each season! With a little planning and communication, we can make things work.
- Double Shares: If you want to skip a delivery, you can elect to receive a make up as an extra share (a.k.a. a double share) on another delivery week during the CSA season.
- Have A Backup Plan: Plan ahead of time to have a friend or two that you can call pick up for you in a pinch. I’m sure they’ll only eat a few…
Important Note: All options require providing notice BEFORE YOUR PICKUP! If you are in transit when trouble arises, PLEASE REACH OUT FOR HELP! Unclaimed shares are not eligible for make-ups.
Not a Member? No Problem!
You don’t have to be a CSA member to shop with us!
All are welcome on Wednesdays, 4-6 pm at the Eastport Shopping Center (1023 Bay Ridge Ave.,) for our weekly selection throughout the CSA distribution season of farm-direct fruit, plus all our farm-made jams, sauces and more! Want to arrange for a special or large-quantity order? Please email email@example.com by Monday PM for a Wednesday pickup.
Farm Founder Anne Geyer Explains Why You Should Join the Fruit CSA
Susan Frackelton Noyce, coordinator of Agriberry Farm’s Annapolis Summer Fruit CSA, is the sister of Anne Frackelton Geyer, the founder of Agriberry Farm. Since Susan has helped Anne and Chuck Geyer with markets and on their farm for more than a decade, starting the Annapolis CSA in 2011 was a natural next step. She loves sharing the family passion for farming and healthy eating with all her Annapolis neighbors.
Want to try one of Susan’s favorite berry smoothie recipes for extra power before or after a workout? Click here!
A-Town Charity Relationship
Each season Susan donates a portion of the proceeds from the Annapolis Summer Fruit CSA to help promote youth empowerment. Ask her what she’s up to this season!
A Few More Great Benefits of the Annapolis Fruit CSA
- Best of the Best-CSA members receive the finest fruit we have available throughout the season.
- First Crack-CSA members get the first taste of whatever is new each week.
- Fast Track-Your shares will be ready and waiting for your arrival, and we will hold your share for you until the end of the pickup period, so your pickups will be quick and easy.