Register NOW for Your Annapolis Summer Fruit CSA!
Agriberry Annapolis offers a farm share membership program featuring weekly boxes for fresh, locally raised fruit from Agriberry Farm and other family-owned farms in the region.
The Summer Fruit Share program directly supports the farm’s mission to provide early work experience for area teens through the Young Worker Program and freshly harvested, field ripened berries and other fruit directly to consumers. This is a type of “community supported agriculture” program or “CSA.” The shares are pre-made and the items included will vary weekly based on harvest availability.
Farm Share Costs
A minimum deposit of $100 is required to join, and ALL BALANCES must be paid by the first pickup of the season. You may pay by check, cash, and credit/debit cards. If you join after the deliveries have begun, fees are pro-rated based on the remaining number of weeks (applied at checkout.)
Here’s more about the Annapolis Summer Fruit Shares:
- Pickups are every Wednesday for 20 weeks, that’s nearly five months of fruit!
- Begins with the start of the strawberry harvest, which typically begin to ripen in this region in late April or early May.
- Provides weekly shares of nutritious berries and other seasonal fruits, grown by long-time partner farmers.
Want more details? Just email us at email@example.com, which is the fastest way to connect.
Annapolis Summer Farm Share members receive emails at the beginning of each delivery week. These emails include details about that week’s share and tips to help ensure you enjoy your fruit to the fullest. The emails also provide updates from the fields, member specials, and more. You’ll also receive automated pickup reminders the night before each pickup.
Favorite Farm Share Items from Previous Seasons
Members often wonder what will be in their shares each week….and so do we! We include what’s available from local harvest, which can vary widely from year to year.
Here, however, is a list of fruit–roughly in order of time of availability–from shares for the past few seasons:
Strawberries, Asparagus, Blueberries, Rhubarb, Raspberries, Cherries, Blackberries, Plums, Yellow and White Peaches, Yellow and White Nectarines, Pears, Asian Pears, Apples, and More!
A-Town Vacations and Make-Ups
We pride ourselves on being as flexible and accommodating as possible, because we know just how hectic life can be, and we want you to receive all your fruit each season! With a little planning and communication, we can make just about anything work!
- Double Shares: If you want to skip a delivery, you can elect to receive an extra share (a.k.a. a double share) on any other delivery week(s) of the CSA season as a Make-Up.
- Have A Backup Plan: Plan ahead of time to have a friend or two that you can call pick up for you in a pinch. I’m sure they’ll only eat a few…
Important Note: All options require providing notice BEFORE YOUR PICKUP! If you are in transit when trouble arises, PLEASE REACH OUT FOR HELP! Unclaimed shares are not eligible for make-ups.
Farm Founder Anne Geyer Explains Why You Should Join the Fruit CSA
A Few More Great Benefits of the Annapolis Fruit CSA
- Best of the Best-CSA members receive the finest fruit we have available throughout the season.
- First Crack-Our members with the first taste of whatever is new at market each week.
- Fast Track-Your shares will be ready and waiting for your arrival, and we will hold your share for you until the end of the pickup period.
Wednesday CSA Pickup Locations
- Eastport, 4-6 pm
Eastport Shopping Center, 1023 Bay Ridge Ave., Annapolis, MD 21403 (near Adam’s Ribs, look for the purple canopy)
- Severna Park. 2-7 pm
300 Riggs Ave., Severna Park, MD 21146
- West Annapolis, 1-3 pm
beanrushcafe, 112 Annapolis St., Annapolis, MD 21401
Susan Frackelton Noyce, coordinator of Agriberry Farm’s Annapolis Summer Fruit CSA, is the sister of Anne Frackelton Geyer, the founder of Agriberry Farm. Since Susan has helped Anne and Chuck Geyer with markets and on their farm for more than a decade, starting the Annapolis CSA in 2011 was a natural next step. She loves sharing the family passion for farming and healthy eating with all her Annapolis neighbors.
Want to try one of Susan’s favorite berry smoothie recipes for extra power before or after a workout? Click here!
A-Town Charity Relationship
Each season Susan donates a portion of the proceeds from the Annapolis Summer Fruit CSA to help promote youth empowerment. Ask her what she’s up to this season!