- 3 crisp apples, and
- 3 Asian Pears - peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 yellow onion - peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2" chunk of fresh ginger - peeled and sliced into 1/8" (approx.) slices
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup Agriberry's Blackberry Cabaret Vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp white or cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Add water if needed to keep a moist consistency.
Remove from heat and remove the ginger slices. Taste, and adjust spices as desired.
Place it in a covered container and place it in the fridge to chill. It will keep for several weeks. This recipe will make about 2 1/2 cups.