Thanks to minimalistbaker.com for the great blender technique in this recipe, which is the secret to the lush, creamy texture. Use any type of frozen fruit, in addition to the frozen banana!
- 1 Cup frozen fruit Your choice!
- 1 small ripe banana sliced and frozen
- 2-3 Tbsp milk or milk alternative plus more if needed
- 1 Scoop Plain or vanilla protein powder Optional
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds Optional
- 1 Tbsp Hemp seeds Optional
- 1 Tbsp Ground flax meal Optional
- 1 Tbsp Nut Butter Optional
Add frozen berries and banana to a blender. Blend on low until only small bits remain, then scrape down sides.
Add milk and protein powder (if using) and blend on low again, scraping down sides as needed, until the mixture reaches a soft serve consistency.
Scoop into serving bowls and top with desired/optional toppings. Enjoy!
This makes 2 breakfasts or 4 desserts or snacks. If desired, you can use one and freeze one for use within a week or two. Just set it out to thaw a bit until you can stir it to regain the soft-serve texture.