- 8 oz butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- ¾ - 1 cup jam or other fruit filling
Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a 9 inch square pan by spraying it, then lining it with parchment paper, then spraying the paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until combined and fluffy.
- Add salt, baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix to combine
- Add flour and oats and mix to combine.
Set aside 1/3 of the mixture for the topping
- Press remaining mixture into the pan in an even layer.
Spread jam on top of mixture in the pan. It should cover it but not be too thick.
Crumble the remaining oat mixture on the top. It should be evenly distributed over the jam but not entirely covering it.
- Bake 35-40 until golden brown on top and filling isn’t too jiggly.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
These bars freeze well, and you can wrap them before or after cutting. Thaw before serving.