This elegant salad must be prepared and served immediately, but the flavor combinations are worth the fuss.
- 1 C sweet onion chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar or Dazzle Razz Vinegar
- 1/2 C goat cheese crumbled
- 1/4 C water
- 6 C fresh spinach
- 1/2 pint raspberries or other fresh berries
- Saute chopped sweet onions in olive oil til soft, add balsamic vinegar; remove from heat. Add goat cheese and water. Stir until warmed and just combined.
- Place spinach in serving bowl and pour dressing over fresh spinach to wilt.
- Sprinkle red raspberries on top.
- Salt & pepper to taste and serve immediately.
A sprinkling of toasted pine nuts will enhance your salad!