This cooked-down fruit spreadable is a sweet, all natural and rich in Calcium and Vitamin C. So easy!!
- 4 med. stalks of rhubarb (about 4 cups, cut into 1/2" pieces)
- 1 apple cored and cut into chunks
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Puree together the apple and rhubarb until smooth in your food processor or vitamix.
- Pour apple/rhubarb mixture into a pot and mix in honey, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce to simmer and continue to stir every 4-5 minutes or so.
Cook for about 30 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into jar, (if canning, do your canning thing) and allow to cool.
- Store in the fridge.
You can easily substitute strawberries for some of the rhubarb if desired, but be sure to try it by itself at least once. You might become hooked on this wonderful, versatile condiment as we are!