- 2 c fresh or frozen blueberries ,
- 6 pears ripe, cored
- 1 1/4 C milk (or your favorite substitute)
- 1 T agave
- honey or preferred sweetener
- Spices to taste such as 1/2 t of cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg or cloves
- 1/2 C chia seeds
- 1/4 C flax meal
- 1/8 C almond slivers or other favorite nut optional
Place milk in a medium pan on stove over a low-medium heat. DO NOT BOIL.
Roughly chop the blueberries and pears and add to the milk.
Add the agave and spices; let simmer for 8-10 minutes until the pears are tender. Adjust sweetness and seasonings to taste.
Remove pot from heat and add chia seeds, and stir for 1 minute, then stir frequently for another 2 minutes.
Can be served cold or warm. To warm, microwave for 30 seconds or add to heated coconut milk or rice dream. Top each serving with almonds if desired. This nutrition packed recipe is so versatile and it makes 2-6 servings, depending on quantity. Enjoy!