Job Title: Warehouse Associate
Department: Farm Operations
Reports To: Head of Operations
Last Updated: 2/13/2020
Status & Salary: Non-Exempt, Hourly $10 – $12 per hour; based on related skills and experience.
The Warehouse Associate completes and assists with the activities, systems and processes related to seasonal warehouse operations and records management, including but not limited to inventory management, packing and grading, allocations for all retail/CSA and wholesale products, and general organization and accessibility within the warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, including but not limited to:
- Prepares orders and pallets for Wholesale (using Trello) with accompanying invoices and CSA/Richmond Markets (using the number sheet) with accompanying labels.
- Maintains inventory controls by maintaining like-things-together organization and labeling of products and weekly inventory of cooler content. This includes regrading return fruit and allocating according to quality for kitchen, wholesale, and/or markets and maintaining labels within the cooler.
- Prepare Market Vehicles for their markets using checklist created and maintained by Marketing Manager.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area and workstations neat; maintain clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Pack, grade, and sort necessary fruit for markets and wholesale orders.
- Maintains seconds fruit rotation with like-things-together organization so kitchen has accessibility of necessary products and unusable products are composted.
- Completes deliveries by driving truck or van to and from vendors.
- Implements food safety standards at all times.
- Trash and recycling loads taken out weekly.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated passion for local farming and/or the agriculture industry, with an understanding of Agriberry’s mission.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to quality customer service, with an understanding of good telephone etiquette and professional demeanor.
- Knowledge of inventory control, documentation, data entry and reporting skills.
- Effective communication skills, with an understanding of how to build good working relationships and cultivate teamwork with supervisors, peers, buyers, suppliers and other vendors.
- Good decision making skills, with the ability to analyze information, evaluate results, and implement the best solution to solve problems or challenges.
- Ability to exercise good organizational and time management skills with appropriate judgment and self-control.
- Good comprehension, with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through verbal communication.
- Enthusiasm, trustworthiness, personal integrity and honesty.
- Ability to work autonomously and understand when a superior needs to be involved in decision making.
- Self-motivation that leads to increased productivity and higher efficiency.
- Dedication to keeping up-to-date technically, and applying new knowledge to your job.
- High school graduate or equivalent with 1 year or more of applicable experience OR any appropriate combination of the above
- Appropriate computer skills, with working knowledge of the primary MS Office and Google docs.
- Prior experience in or knowledge of farming or agriculture industries.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and other pre-employment screening.
- Must be fluent in English – work related Spanish a plus.
- Valid VA Driver’s License.
- Able to tolerate temperature fluxuations from variable work environments (cooler, freezer, climate controlled and non-climate controlled work areas)
- Able to lift & carry items up 30 lbs. and to repetitively lift & carry items up 25 lbs.
- Good physical dexterity and visual acuity, with an ability to identify crops, damage and spoilage.
- Able to stand, sit, bend, kneel, stretch and squat for long periods of time.
- Able to use hands, arms and fingers to move materials, and manipulate tools and equipment.