Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Department: Farm Operations
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
Last Updated: 2/8/2016
Status & Salary: Non-Exempt, Hourly $8 – $11 per hour; based on related skills and experience.
The Warehouse Assistant expedites and assists with the activities, systems and processes related to seasonal warehouse operations and records management, including but not limited to purchasing, inventory management, packing and grading, and market allocations for all retail/CSA and wholesale products, supplies and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, including but not limited to:
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling products, packing boxes and CSA shares; placing orders in delivery area.
- Completes deliveries by driving truck or van to and from vendors.
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing request.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area and workstations neat; maintain clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Completes reports by entering required information.
- Implements food safety standards at all times.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated passion for local farming and/or the agriculture industry, with an understanding of Agriberry’s mission.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to quality customer service, with an understanding of good telephone etiquette and professional demeanor.
- Highly detail oriented, with an ability to anticipate needs and plan, prioritize, coordinate, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of inventory control, documentation, data entry and reporting skills.
- Effective communication skills, with an understanding of how to build good working relationships and cultivate teamwork with supervisors, peers, buyers, suppliers and other vendors.
- Good decision making skills, with the ability to analyze information, evaluate results, and implement the best solution to solve problems or challenges.
- Effective problem solving skills, with an ability to anticipate needs, strategize and operate proactively.
- Ability to exercise good organizational and time management skills with appropriate judgment and self-control.
- Good comprehension, with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through verbal communication.
- Enthusiasm, trustworthiness, personal integrity and honesty.
- Ability to work autonomously and understand when a superior needs to be involved in decision making.
- Self-motivation that leads to increased productivity and higher efficiency.
- Dedication to keeping up to date technically, and applying new knowledge to your job.
- High school graduate or equivalent with 1 year or more of applicable experience OR any appropriate combination of the above
- Excellent computer skills, with working knowledge of the primary MS Office and Google docs.
- Prior experience in or knowledge of farming or agriculture industries.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and other pre-employment screening.
- Must be fluent in English – work related Spanish a plus.
- Valid VA Driver’s License.
- Able to tolerate extreme temperatures for extended periods of time and adapt to an outdoor environment, including tolerance for pests and thorns.
- Able to lift & carry items up 30 lbs. and to repetitively lift & carry items up 25 lbs.
- Good physical dexterity and visual acuity, with an ability to identify crops, damage and spoilage.
- Able to stand, sit, bend, kneel, stretch and squat for long periods of time.
- Able to use hands, arms and fingers to move materials, and manipulate tools and equipment.