Job Title: Office Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Last Updated: 2/11/2019
Status & Salary: Non-Exempt, Hourly $10 – $13 per hour; based on related skills and experience.
The Office Manager is responsible for initiating and coordinating organizational and administrative functions that support Agriberry’s day to day operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, including but not limited to:
- Answers incoming calls, determines purpose of call and forwards them to the appropriate staff member. Delivers messages as needed.
- Answers questions about the organization and provides callers and visitors with general company information.
- Greets visitors, facilitates needs and completes purchase transactions.
- Contacts suppliers, buyers, customers and vendors as needed or upon request.
- Receives, sorts and distributes mail and deliveries. Prepares outgoing mail and deliveries.
- Routinely checks Agriberry e-mail account and responds or forwards e-mails accordingly.
- Manages Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable.
- Checks accuracy of Quickbooks data entry and manages Quickbook Inventory and associated processes.
- Completes computer based administrative project work.
- Performs general administrative duties such as filing, laminating and photocopying.
- Coordinates with Farm Market Lead in managing Agriberry’s social media sites, along with other team members.
- Orders office and operational supplies.
- Updates and maintains electronic client, vendor and other Agriberry lists/databases.
- Creates and maintains forms and templates for general office use including client/vendor contact information, employee contact information, and memos, etc.
- Arranges, participates in, and implements, as directed, conferences, committee meetings and company sponsored events.
- Schedules office equipment maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated passion for local farming and/or the agriculture industry, with an understanding of Agriberry’s mission.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to quality customer service, with an understanding of good telephone etiquette and professional demeanor.
- Highly detail oriented, with an ability to anticipate needs and plan, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Effective communication skills, with an understanding of how to build good working relationships with supervisors, peers, buyers, supplies and other vendors.
- Good decision making skills, with the ability to analyze information, evaluate results, and implement the best solution to solve problems or challenges.
- Effective problem solving skills, with an ability to anticipate needs, strategize and operate proactively.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and self-control.
- Good comprehension, with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through verbal communication.
- Enthusiasm, trustworthiness, personal and fiscal integrity and honesty.
- Ability to work autonomously and understand when a superior needs to be involved.
- Self-motivation that leads to increased productivity and higher efficiency.
- Dedication to keeping up to date technically, and applying new knowledge to the job.
- Associate Degree, administrative training or equivalent
- 3 years or more of applicable administrative experience OR any similar combination of education and experience.
- Excellent computer skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Documents, and newsletter/mail applications.
- Knowledgeable in social media platforms for business.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and other pre-employment screening.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior experience in or knowledge of farming or agriculture industries.
- Must be fluent in English – work related Spanish a plus.
- Prior retail experience.
- Able to lift & carry items up to 30 lbs.
- Able to sit at a desk comfortably while working on a computer, for extended periods of time.