Job Title: Market Lead Department: Marketing & CSA
Reports To: CSA Coordinator / Market Team Leader
Pay Range: $13.50-$15 hourly Bonus Opportunities Available
Primary Function: This position carries out transportation, set-up/breakdown, sales/distribution of Agriberry produce/products, and record keeping for farmers markets and/or stand-alone sales sites.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Double checks vehicles for all necessary materials for markets and loads remaining necessities. Including but not limited to: tables, canopy, props, packaging, cashbox, clipboards, transaction tablet, fruits, and jams.
- While on site at any Farmers’ Market provides premium sales service to all customers and ensures a high quality market site is maintained at all times. This includes product knowledge, accurate and attractive signs, and fully stocked and appealing displays.
- While providing CSA shares, convey familiarity, assurance, and gratitude while promoting product. Accuracy is vital in share assembly.
- Site set-up, sales, and breakdown individually or with coworking Brand Ambassador. This can include setting up tables, canopies, stocking, writing and/or hanging signs, and making the market site ready for sales.
- Attends weekly marketing meetings to maintain knowledge of weekly share, produce source, seasonal availability, growing methods, and fruit quality standards. When live meetings do not occur, check text and/or email correspondence for updates regarding that week’s products.
- Responsible for confirming amounts of outgoing fruits, accurately recording returns, and making notes of any reasons for discrepancies. Includes tracking discounts, culled subpar-quality fruit, and jam sales. These are accurately noted on supplied notecards to reconcile products sold with income.
- Interfaces with Farmers Market managers as necessary and reports to Agriberry Market Team Leader.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Passion for local farming or the Agriculture industry, with an understanding of Agriberry’s mission.
- Ability to operate professionally and positively in a sales representative position.
- Ability to operate safely in the workplace.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment and promote Agriberry to customers fluidly and accurately.
- Enthusiasm, good attitude, trustworthiness, personal integrity, and honesty.
- Ability to work autonomously and understand when a superior or peer needs to be involved in decision making.
- Good attention to detail, being mindful of asset security, state of the market station, accuracy of share assembly, and employee/customer relations.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- One or more years in the Farming or Marketing field.
- Accurate and quick basic mental math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, discount calculation)
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Valid VA Driver’s License
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and other pre-employment screening.
- Availability May-October
- Multiple experiences in service, teaching, and/or sales/marketing positions
- Able to lift and carry up to 30-50 lbs independently.
- Able to tolerate extreme temperatures while maintaining a good attitude.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to bend, kneel, slide, shuffle, push, and pull safely with 25 lbs of product.
- Able to work at early hours (5am) on the weekend and evenings during the week.
Performance Standards: (Utilized to qualify for market bonuses)
- Positive customer feedback about service (and/or low/lack of negative)
- Low/no percentage of discrepancy between recorded sales and monetary calculations
- Maintaining and/or increasing market sales records
- Reliability: no call outs day-of and timeliness is a must. 95% or higher attendance throughout the market season (this allows for 1-2 planned vacation days so long as shifts can be covered by cooperative solution between employee and their direct manager)