Job Title: Kitchen Associate
Department: Farm Operations
Reports To: Kitchen Manager
Last Updated: 05/02/2020
Status & Salary: Non-Exempt, Hourly $9- $12 per hour; based on related skills and experience.
The Kitchen Assistant is an entry level role, responsible for grading, sorting, packing and processing of fruits, vegetables and berries for value added production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, including but not limited to:
- Uses established recipes and Standard Operating Procedures to create quality products.
- Protects all Agriberry trade secrets, proprietary, intellectual property and confidential information.
- Assists and supports Kitchen Manager in product development.
- Demonstrates commitment to food safety and sanitation standards at all times.
- Safely operates, maintains, and cleans kitchen equipment, tools, and machinery.
- Packages, labels and inventories products.
- Complies with Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and participates in GAP training, as needed or required by law.
- Assists as needed with product samplings, tastings and events to increase sales.
- Implements quality control and cost control practices and procedures.
- Maintains production records at time of production.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated passion for local farming or the agriculture industry, with an understanding of Agriberry’s mission, the market and customer dynamics.
- Working knowledge of industry measurements and recipe conversion.
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiasm, trustworthiness, personal integrity and honesty.
- Knowledge of and commitment to delivering a quality product.
- Highly detail oriented, with an ability to anticipate product needs and plan, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Strong skills with accuracy and precision tasks.
- Good problem solving skills and able to collaborate when needed.
- Good comprehension, with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through electronic communication.
- Ability to work autonomously and understand when a superior needs to be involved in decision making.
- Self-motivation that leads to increased productivity and higher efficiency.
- Dedication to keeping up to date on industry trends, and applying new knowledge to the job.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and other pre-employment screening.
- One or more years of experience in food preparation or food service.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Prior experience in or knowledge of Farming or Agriculture industries preferred.
- Able to lift & carry items up 40 lbs. and to repetitively lift & carry items up 25 lbs.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
_________________________ _________________________ _________________
Print Signed Date