Job Title: Brand Ambassador, Marketer Department: Marketing & CSA
Reports To: CSA Coordinator / Market Team Leader
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Status (Exempt or Non): Non-Exempt___________________________________refer to: http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/hrg.htm and http://www.dol.gov/elaws/esa/flsa/scope/screen9.asp
Pay Range: $10-$15 hourly (annual for Exempt Associates, hourly for Non-Exempt) Bonus Opportunities Available
Primary Function: This position carries out transportation, set-up/breakdown, sales/distribution of Agriberry produce/products, and record keeping for farmers markets and/or stand-alone sales sites.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Double checks vehicles for all necessary materials for markets and loads remaining necessities. Including but not limited to: tables, canopy, props, packaging, cashbox, clipboards, transaction tablet, fruits, and jams.
- While on site at any Farmers’ Market provides premium sales service to all customers and ensures a high quality market site is maintained at all times. This includes product knowledge, accurate and attractive signs, and fully stocked and appealing displays.
- While providing CSA shares, convey familiarity, assurance, and gratitude while promoting product.
- Site set-up, sales, and breakdown individually or with coworking Brand Ambassador. This can include setting up tables, canopies, stocking, writing and/or hanging signs, and making the market site ready for sales.
- Attends weekly marketing meetings to maintain knowledge of weekly share, produce source, seasonal availability, growing methods, and fruit quality standards.
- Responsible for confirming amounts of outgoing fruits, accurately recording returns, and making notes of any reasons for discrepancies. Includes tracking discounts, culled subpar-quality fruit, and jam sales.
- Interfaces with Farmers Market managers as necessary and and reports to Agriberry Market Team Leader.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Describe the level of knowledge and/or experience required. Identify what skills and abilities are required to be successful, i.e., excellent communication skills, attention to detail, ability to stay organized and multi-task.)
- Passion for local farming or the Agriculture industry, with an understanding of Agriberry’s mission.
- Ability to operate professionally and positively in a sales representative position.
- Ability to operate safely in the workplace.
- Effective communication skills.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment and promote Agriberry to customers fluidly and accurately.
- Enthusiasm, good attitude, trustworthiness, personal integrity, and honesty.
- Ability to work autonomously and understand when a superior or peer needs to be involved in decision making.
- Good attention to detail, being mindful of asset security, state of the market station, and employee/customer relations.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements: (Specify number of years of job-related experience required and/or educational equivalent; type of degree required; certificates & licensure. Specify the skills required, e.g., computer programs, secretarial skills, special machines, etc.)
- High school diploma or GED
- One or more years in the Farming or Marketing field.
- Accurate and quick basic mental math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, discount calculation)
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Valid VA Driver’s License
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and other pre-employment screening.
- Availability May-October
- Multiple experiences in service, teaching, and/or sales/marketing positions
Physical Requirements: (Evaluate what this position requires or may require in terms of lifting, standing, kneeling, sitting, etc. Identify the minimum amount of weight the employee will need to lift)
- Able to lift and carry up to 30-50 lbs independently.
- Able to tolerate extreme temperatures while maintaining a good attitude.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to bend, kneel, slide, shuffle, push, and pull safely with 25 lbs of product.
- Able to work at early hours (5am) and evenings.
Performance Standards: (Identify, as shown on the applicable Performance Appraisal form, how the employee will be measured in terms of annual successes, and areas for improvement; i.e., Client Retention Rate of x%. Performance Standards can be tied to bonus or compensation increase eligibility.)
- Positive customer feedback about service (and/or low/lack of negative)
- Low percentage of discrepancy between recorded sales and monetary calculations
- Maintaining and/or increasing market sales records
- Reliability: no missed shifts