Job Title: Field Worker
Department: Farm Operations
Reports To: Field Supervisor
Pay Range: $13.50 Training Wage, elevated to $15/hr upon completion of training requirements (Non-Exempt Seasonal Part or Full Time) (Previous experience and skills pending)
Primary Function: The Field Worker starts as a entry level position with little to no previous experience required but can extend to experienced agricultural employees with a focus on production. This is a predominantly physical/manual labor position. Field Workers will manually plant, cultivate, harvest, pack, and maintain crops under the instruction of the Field Supervisor or Team Leaders. In the spring (Feb-April) the position will consist predominantly of plant care and maintenance. In summer (May-August) and fall (Sept-Nov) the position will primarily be harvesting fruit in an efficient, safe, and quality manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Harvest berries in a safe, efficient manner, ensuring productivity and quality goals are met or exceeded focusing on the following traits:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to focus on a single task for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stay focused while in a group of peers.
- Ability to follow instructions and retain training information.
- Ability to work independently while meeting or exceeding quotas.
- High manual dexterity
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- Pass a background check and other pre-employment screening;
- Demonstrate an interest in local farming and/or agriculture;
- Be able to discuss Agriberry Farm, including its core values, focus, products and primary markets;
- Remain focused while performing repetitive functions;
- Have reliable transportation to the farm and be able to arrive at the work site by 6:45 am, or as otherwise instructed
- Maintain enthusiasm, good attitude, honesty and a willingness to treat all co-workers with respect, despite challenging work conditions.
- Tolerate extreme temperatures (especially heat) for 6-10 hours a day;
- Comply with requirements for protective clothing;
- Work in an outdoor environment, including tolerance for pests and thorns;
- Repetitively lift and carry items up 25 lbs.;
- Demonstrate good visual acuity, with an ability to identify weeds, pests, and crops ready
- for harvest;
- Stand, sit, bend, kneel, stretch and squat for long periods of time while using best practices to maintain strong long term personal health;
- Demonstrate sufficient dexterity of hands, arms and fingers to be able to perform the principal responsibilities of the job, including to harvest fruit; to install, position, and move materials; and to manipulate tools and equipment.
- Needs to be able to meet daily production quotas of harvesting, set based on field productivity and gauged by other expert harvesters. Must maintain 80%+ quota maintenance to retain employment. Rewards available for exceeding productivity expectations.
- Must be available for at least 6 weeks of work throughout the harvest season.