Job Title: Team Leader Department: Farm Operations
Reports To: Field Personnel Manager Staff Size: 4-12
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Status (Exempt or Non): Non-exempt
Pay Range: $11-$12 (Previous experience and skills pending)
Primary Function: The Team Leader is a medium level leadership role, expected to lead by example while carrying out additional responsibilities and duties. This position will ensure the quality workmanship and good behavior of their surrounding employees on a daily basis. This position will execute training, maintain discipline and best practices, and engage with the field as an exemplary harvester when not managing surrounding employees. Team leads will work cohesively to accomplish the goals of the day, assisting in quality control, quota establishment, berry transportation, station set-up and tear down, closing duties, and integrating berry drop-offs with warehouse staff for effective pre-cooling of fruit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates exemplary behavior to be used as a role model for harvesters
- Executes training and evaluation week recommendations.
- Helps start of day and end of day extra duties including materials prep, bucket washing, jam fruit, consolidation etc.
- Checks on Quality, Thoroughness and Speed of surrounding harvesters regularly. In addition to surrounding harvesters this includes station quality control duties, thoroughness checks, and establishing quotas based on field conditions.
- Implements and facilitates the use of good food safety, practices and enforces compliance with GAP system.
- Reports incidents of note to personnel manager or field supervisor and helps correct problematic incidents in the moment.
- Helps execute fruit runs to and from the cooler, ensuring safe delivery of fruit and integrating with warehouse staff to ensure the pre-cooler system is optimized to maximize quality.
- Harvests fruit in an exemplary way when not engaging in leadership duties (great Quality/Thoroughness/Speed)
- Participates in weekly leadership meetings
- Additional Duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated passion for local Farming, Agriberry’s industry, and/or youth development, with an understanding of Agriberry’s mission.
- Effective leadership, communication skills, and motivational skills, with an understanding of how to build good working relationships with employees, supervisors, and peers.
- An in depth understanding of Agriberry’s field procedures, handbook, and standards.
- Ability to strategize and operate proactively.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and self-control.
- Ability to work autonomously and understand when a superior needs to be involved in decision making.
- Good comprehension, with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through verbal communication, and relay such ideas with clarity.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- At least one year of Agricultural field work, highly preferred at Agriberry
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and other pre-employment screening.
- Fluency in work related English, Spanish is desirable but not necessary.
- High school diploma or higher preferred.
- Ability to send and receive calls and text (group and SMS) messages
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle in short drive.
- Able to tolerate extreme temperatures
- Able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs, with assistance if necessary
- Good physical dexterity
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Able to bend, kneel, stretch, squat, and climb.
- Able to understand personal health and wellbeing, knowing your own boundaries is vital to successful farm work.
Must be able to work for at least 8 weeks during harvest season. 10+ Weeks of full time work strongly encouraged with bonus opportunities attached.
Able to have flexibility in work schedule to Monday-Saturday to allow rotations of duties and effective staffing of all harvest shifts.
Must be able to understand the intensity of summer farm work and have high reliability throughout the harvest season.
Completed by: ___________________________________________________ Date: _____________________________