Agriberry Farm offers a fresh approach for Richmond-area fruit lovers!
Richmond’s only Fruit Farm Share program is offered by Agriberry Farm of Hanover, Virginia. Farm members receive weekly shares containing seasonally available fruit grown by Agriberry Farm or area Partner Farms. The fruit included in the Farm Share is determined each week, based on harvest conditions and regional availability.
Reserving a Weekly Share Box means your fridge will be stocked weekly with seasonal, fresh fruits, including lots of berries–the most delicious, nutritious food you can eat. Choosing this weekly Farm Share Box gives you an edge on healthy eating, boosting your nutrition intake and overall health.
Also known as a “CSA” or community supported agriculture program, your weekly Fruit Share is a way to pre-purchase a share of the upcoming harvest of fresh, seasonal fruit directly from the farm. The Richmond Fruit CSA directly supports Agriberry Farm’s mission of providing early work experience for area teens through the Young Worker Program.
No matter what the latest diet trend, fresh fruit is always on the menu!
New This Season! Help Test-Drive Our Holiday Farm Share!
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE! PICKUPS START NOV. 7!!!
To join the Holiday Farm Share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to indicate your pickup location and desired number of shares (single, double, or triple).
Our Holiday Farm Share begins the first week of November and goes until December 19, but we are taking the week of Thanksgiving off for share pickups–though we will be at all our usual markets, so the season will have SIX delivery weeks.
Pickups will be available on Saturdays at
- The Market at St. Stephen’s, 9am-Noon, 6000 Grove Ave., Richmond, VA
- Lakeside Farmers Market, 9am-Noon, 6106 Lakeside Ave, Henrico, VA 23228
- West End Farmers Market, 9am-Noon, Gayton Centre, at the corner of Ridgefield & Gayton Roads, Richmond, VA 23233 (Winter Market location at Discovery United Methodist Church, 13000 Gayton Road, Richmond, VA 23233 begins Nov. 14)
- Agriberry Farm, Noon-3pm, 6289 River Road, Hanover, VA 23069
The cost per week will be $25 for a single share, which includes four items. The total cost (single share) for the Holiday Farm Share is $150, which must be paid by check on the first week of pickup.
Our plan is for three of these items to have a value of $5 per item, and one will be a $10 item. Shares likely will include fruit items (apples and pears) with appearances by items including apple cider, jam, applesauce, and oat bars. And here comes the fun! Share items also will come from local farmers and producers to highlight their crops and production styles. Each week, we will highlight an area farmer or producer, including information about their products and where to go if you want more. The list of Holiday Share partners so far includes:
- Bring Forth Farm, specializing in micro-greens, which gives back to supporting agricultural training centers in Africa,
- Delli Carpini Farm specializing in Italian heritage crops,
- Wild Earth Fermentation with their standout sauerkrauts, which are always cause for celebration,
- Manakintowne Specialty Growers, specializing in salad mixes and herbs
- Belmont Peanuts, with their famous Virginia peanuts
- River City Bakery, specializing in baked goods, and
- Sub Rosa Bakery specializing sweet and savory treats made with heirloom grains.
A Few Great Benefits of Becoming a Farm Member
- Discounts on Additional Purchases-Members enjoy a Member Discount of up to 20% off of the purchase of additional fruit and other goodies from Agriberry Farm, from the time they join until December 31, 2020 (Note: Discount percentage may be reduced for special sale items at the farmer’s discretion)
- First and Best of the Best-We try to ensure that our Fruit Share members receive first crack at the finest fruit we have available throughout the season.
- Fast Track-Your shares will be ready for quick pickup upon your arrival, and we will hold your share for you until the end of the market.
Gifting a Farm Share Membership
Want to give a gift of healthy eating, maybe for a young family or college student? Most items in the share boxes need little to no additional preparation in order to be enjoyed. We are HAPPY to help you create a gift membership. Please contact us at email@example.com for assistance setting up this special gift.
Seeking a more affordable option? Agriberry Farm also offers Weekly Gift Shares, which can be redeemed for a single weekly share during our delivery season. Agriberry Farm also offers a variety of Gift Cards, which can be used to shop at our markets, or even as a payment toward a Farm Share. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.