Richmond Fruit CSA
Richmond’s Fruit CSA is offered by Agriberry Farm of Hanover, Virginia. This CSA or “community supported agriculture” program is a way to purchase fresh, seasonal fruit directly from the farm. The Richmond Fruit CSA directly supports Agriberry Farm’s mission of providing early work experience for area teens through the Young Worker Program. Farm members receive weekly boxes of seasonal fruit. The fruit included in each week’s share box is selected based on harvest availability.
Fall Fruit CSA Share Membership
The cost for a Share of the Agriberry Farm Fall Fruit CSA is $120 for the 6-week program, and includes a four-item box of fruit. While the share items are subject to change based on harvests, on most weeks you can look forward to receiving one or two containers of our exquisite Fall berries, plus a unit–typically 4-6 apples depending on size–of mountain-grown Honey Crisp Apples, as well as an additional “Farmer’s Choice” items which might be other varieties of apples, grapes, kiwis, a fall blackberry, plums, pears and whatever other tasty treats Anne may find with her friendly farm partners.
If a four-item share just won’t be enough for your crew, consider choosing one of our Double or Triple Share options, which offer additional savings.
New Member Discount
First time participants in an Agriberry Farm CSA program are entitled to an additional $15 Discount off their registration, which is applied at check out. The Fall CSA begins the week of September 24. The final week of distribution will be the week beginning October 29.
A Few Great Benefits of Becoming a Farm Member
- Discounts on Additional Purchases-Members enjoy a 20% Member Discount off of the purchase of additional fruit and other goodies from Agriberry Farm, from the time they join until December 31, 2018.
- Best of the Best-We try to ensure that our Fruit CSA members receive the finest fruit we have available throughout the season.
- First Crack-Whenever possible we try to provide our members with the first taste of whatever is new each week.
- Fast Track-Your shares will be ready and waiting for your pickup upon arrival, and we will hold your share for you until the end of the market.
Richmond Fruit CSA Pickup Locations
The Richmond Fruit CSA offers a variety of pickup locations on different days and times. Some pickup locations are part of larger Farmers Markets, and some are at our solo Farm Stands.
On Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between 9am and 4pm you can pick up your share at the farm, located at 6289 River Road, Hanover, VA 23069. Other schedules by appt.
- Birdhouse Farmer’s Market, 3-6:30pm, Randolph Community Center/Downtown/VCU area, 1507 Grayland Ave., Richmond, VA 23220
- Atlee/301 Farm Stand, 3:30-6:30pm, Atlee Square Shopping Center, 9159 Atlee Rd., Mechanicsville, VA 23116 (just north of 295 behind Popeye’s)
- Lakeside Farmers’ Market, 10am-2pm, 6110 Lakeside Ave., Henrico, VA 23228
- Grove Ave. Farm Stand at St. Stephen’s Episcopal, 2:30-6:30pm, 6000 Grove Ave., Richmond, VA 23223 in the WEST PARKING AREA adjacent to Three Chopt Rd.
- Huguenot-Robious Farmers Market at The Great Big Greenhouse,10am-2pm, 2051 Huguenot Road, Richmond, VA 23253
- Short Pump Farm Stand at Strange’s, 3:30-6:30pm, 12111 W. Broad St., Henrico, VA 23233, just off Rt. 288.
RVA Vacations and Make-Ups for the Fall Season
With advance notice, you can skip a week and take a makeup share on a different week before the season ends. Requests for skips and makeup, and pickup location changes must be received by NOON TUESDAY of each distribution week, but can be planned well in advance.
We understand how hectic life can get. We will try to ensure that you receive all your fruit, but it is critical that you make it to your weekly pickups, because your fruit is highly perishable. Making your pickups each week helps us keep things running smoothly and keeps waste to a minimum. We’re counting on you! Be sure you:
- Take full advantage of any automated scheduling and reminder tools to help keep you on track for your pickup
- Enlist the help of other family members to help with pickups, and be sure they get reminders, too
- Have a friend or two on call to pick up for you in a pinch. (I’m sure they’ll only eat a few…)
If you know you have a conflict coming, here are some options you can employ any time BEFORE NOON TUESDAY of each pickup week:
- Shift your Pick Up to a different day
- Take a SKIP for the week, and receive a Makeup Share on another week of the season. Please indicate which makeup week you’ve selected when you email to request your skip.
- Donate Your Share to the family of one of our Young Workers. We will make it happen!
IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY MISS A PICKUP…..
Please reach out via email to email@example.com as soon as possible. We are happy to schedule one Courtesy Makeup for the Fall CSA per membership. Please be sure to specify for which week you’d like your make up when you request it.
Gifting a CSA Membership
Want to give a gift of healthy eating for 20 weeks? We are HAPPY to help you create a gift membership. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance setting up your special gift.
Seeking a more affordable option? Agriberry Farm offers Weekly Gift Shares, which can be redeemed for a single weekly share during our CSA delivery season. Agriberry Farm also offers a variety of Gift Cards, which can be used to shop at our markets, or even as a payment on a CSA membership. Email us at email@example.com for more information.