PRE-SEASON REGISTRATION IN PROGRESS NOW!
RESERVE YOUR 4-UNIT, 8-UNIT OR 12-UNIT SHARE FOR THE 2020 SEASON
Agriberry Farm offers a fresh approach for Richmond-area fruit lovers!
Reserving a Weekly Share Box from Agriberry Farm means your fridge will be stocked weekly with seasonal, fresh fruits, including berries–the most delicious, nutritious food you can eat. This weekly Farm Share Box gives you the edge on healthy eating, boosting your nutrition intake and overall health.
No matter what the latest diet trend, fresh fruit is always on the menu!
During the Summer Farm Share Season, members receive a 4-unit ($20/week), 8-unit ($38/week) or 12-unit ($54/week) Share Box each week for 20 weeks, beginning with the strawberry harvest in late April or early May into September. Shares are still available now for the Summer Farm Share Season.
Join during the Pre-Season Registration Period (ends April 5, 2020), and you’ll save 5% off the share prices listed above! That’s a FREE WEEK!!
During the Fall Farm Share Season, members receive a 4-unit, 8-unit or 12-unit Share Boxes each week for 6 weeks, beginning mid-September.
To reserve and manage your weekly share, you’ll use an interactive system called “Harvie,” which enables you to set your preferences and customize what you’ll receive, depending on what’s being harvested. Once your share is created to match your preferences, you will have the opportunity to pre-view and adjust your share even more, if desired. You can also schedule your own vacations and location changes, and you can pre-purchase extra items from what’s available each week, and we’ll have those items added to your box and ready for pickup.
2020 FARM SHARE PICKUP LOCATIONS
Locations may be added or updated so check back soon!
- Agriberry Farm, Tuesday-Thursday, 10-4pm, 6289 River Road, Hanover, VA 23069, or by appointment
- Birdhouse Farmer’s Market, Tuesday, 3-6:30pm, 1507 Grayland Ave. Richmond, VA 23220
- Atlee Square Farm Stand, Tuesday, 3:30-6:30pm. 9159 Atlee Rd., Mechanicsville, VA 23116
- Lakeside Farmer’s Market, Wednesday, 10am-2PM, 6110 Lakeside Ave., Henrico, CA 23228
- Caboose Market & Cafe Pickup Site, Wednesday, 3-6:30pm, 108 S. Railroad Ave., Ashland, VA 23005
- NEW! Good Health Herbs Pickup Site, Wednesday, 3-5:45pm, 13601 Genito Road, Midlothian, VA 23112
- Forest Hill Presbyterian Farm Stand, Wednesday, 3:30-6:30pm, 4401 Forest Hill Ave., Richmond, VA 23225
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal Farm Stand, Wednesday, 3:30-6:30pm, 6000 Grove Ave., Richmond, VA 23226
- Huguenot-Robious Farmers Market at Great Big Greenhouse, 10am-2pm, 2015 Huguenot Rd., Richmond, VA 23235
- Strange’s Florist, 3:30-6:30pm, 12111 W. Broad St., Henrico, VA 23233
- Mechanicsville/360, 3:30-6:30pm, location info TBD
How to Join the Agriberry Farm Fruit Share Program
Registering for your Fruit Share Program takes less than five minutes, then another few moments to customize your profile. To create your membership, go to Harvie and:
- Select a Season (Summer 2020)
- Select a share type (Standard, 4-units; Double, 8-units; or Triple, 12-units), then
- Select a pickup location (see list above), then
- Enter your contact information and information for anyone else who will participate in the membership (members can be added or removed at any time during the season), then
- Select your payment option. You can pay in full when you join or you can pay a 25% deposit, another 25% before the start of the season, and the remainder spread across the 20 weeks of the season. Or, you can choose the “Pay Offline” option, and you can send us a check.
Note: If you’re joining a season that’s already in progress, your share will be pro-rated based on the remaining delivery weeks of the season, and please be sure to sign up by Sunday night, so you’ll be included in the following delivery week.
If you need any assistance during the registration process, please contact us at email@example.com.
FAVORITE FARM SHARE ITEMS FROM PREVIOUS SEASONS (depending on availability, and roughly in order of appearance)
Strawberries, Asparagus, Blueberries, Rhubarb, Raspberries, Cherries, Blackberries, Plums, Peaches, White Peaches, Nectarines, Pears, Asian Pears, Apples, and More!
More Information about Your Farm Share!
CUSTOMIZED SHARE BOXES
A frequent request from members of previous seasons was the desire to customize their boxes each week. You can enhance your member experience by taking full advantage of the opportunity to customize your share via the Harvie share system, which enables you to customize what’s in your share box each week, depending on what’s available from the farm and the preference information you provide. HARVIE will recommend a share box that’s designed just for you each week, and you’ll have the opportunity to pre-view and further adjust your weekly share, if desired.
Share Boxes for the 2020 season will be based on a four “unit” share, and you can increase your savings by purchasing an 8- or even a 12-unit share. As in years past, the size of the “unit” for each fruit will vary, depending on the type of fruit and the point in the harvest season. For example, red raspberries are typically harvested into 1/2-pint containers, cherries might be packed into pint containers, and units of apples, peaches and pears may be based on a specific number of fruit. But rest assured, the units will be clearly defined for you each week.
PRE-PURCHASE OF ADDITIONAL ITEMS
Want to order additional items to be included with your share at pickup? With just a few clicks, we’ll secure payment via a credit or debit card on you’ll keep (securely) on file in the Harvie system, and those items will be waiting for you in your share box. Your pickups will be fast and easy! And, you won’t need to rush to your pickup location before we sell out of your preferred items.
WEEKLY PAYMENT OPTION
While the pre-season payments are a tremendous support for the farm during the non-harvest months, we understand that not everyone can pay in full in advance. Choose the Payment Plan option at checkout, and your card will be charged for 25% of your balance when you sign up, 25% at the time of your first pickup and the balance will be charged automatically each time your share is delivered, keeping it simple and easy for you!
VACATION HOLDS and PICKUP LOCATION CHANGES
Have a vacation planned? Need to change your pick up location for the week? No problem. You can easily use HARVIE to re-schedule your box or change your pick-pick up location to accommodate your busy life.
RECIPE AND STORAGE SUGGESTIONS
Your Share Box will be filled with nature’s “fast food” each week, and almost everything can be eaten just as you receive it. But sometimes you may want recipe suggestions, cooking tips, storage, and food preservation resources and we will work with the Harvie folks to help ensure you have the information you need via weekly emails and information on Agriberry.com.
Gifting a Farm Share Membership
Want to give a gift of healthy eating, maybe for a young family or college student? Most items in the share boxes need little to no additional preparation in order to be enjoyed. We are HAPPY to help you create a gift membership. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance setting up this special gift.
Seeking a more affordable option? Agriberry Farm also offers Weekly Gift Shares, which can be redeemed for a single weekly share during our delivery season. Agriberry Farm also offers a variety of Gift Cards, which can be used to shop at our markets, or even as a payment toward a Farm Share. Email us at email@example.com for more information.