Farm Share (CSA) Benefits….
for Farm Members
According to members from previous seasons, the top benefit for you is:
Your weekly Farm Share box is the best tasting, most convenient way to increase your consumption of nature’s most delicious “medicine,” helping you toward the recommended four-to-five 1/2-cup servings per day.
Need a few more great reasons to join? Also according to past members from previous years, your farm membership helps with:
- Convenience: You’ll have a ready supply on hand of “Nature’s Fast Food” throughout the season, perfect for healthy eating and snacking
- Exploration: Trying new fruits or unusual varieties you may not have tried before, and finding out just how good fruit really can taste.
- Understanding: Learning about seasonal eating, including options for preserving fruit for later use.
- Savings: Receiving a 20% Member Discount on additional purchases from Agriberry Farm for the entire year.
- Trust: Sleeping just a little better, because you know where your food comes from.
- Comfort: The benefit of knowing that you’re investing in the food supply of your own community, and that your membership helps keep the whole cycle of community support growing.
Want more? How about:
- Building a weekly routine of attending a farmers market.
- Receiving weekly member e-mails about your share, including the tips, recipes and everything you need to enjoy every bite.
- Getting to know the farm family and other team members.
- Gaining a deeper understanding about farming and the conditions affecting farms in your area.
- Knowing your fruit won’t sell out before you get to the market.
for the Farm
Most fruit comes from perennial plants: that is, plants that grow for more than one season, and sometimes taking years to begin producing fruit. Taking care of these berry bushes and plants and fruit trees requires year-round effort. Pre-season payments help with much of this non-harvest season work, such as pruning, setting out new plantings, and making improvements and repairs to trellises and irrigation systems.
During the harvest season, members directly support the farm’s mission of employing 40+ local youth each season to hand-harvest blackberries and raspberries each summer. The other special benefit the Farm Share program provides is creating weekday distribution for our highly perishable daily berry harvests.
for the Community
The Farm Share program is the glue that binds consumers, workers and farmers together. All are lifted up, thanks to your investment in the farm and healthy, local eating. The Farm Share program makes it possible for Agriberry Farm to “pay it forward,” investing in youth, education, and our evolving local food networks.