Fast, easy and SO DELICIOUS! But be sure to allow time for the pie to chill before serving!
- 8-10 oz Snickerdoodle or shortbread cookies
- 1/3 C almond flour (1/4 C whole almonds, ground)
- 1/4 C butter melted
- 2 Qts Agriberry Farm strawberries rinsed, patted dry and hulled
- 1/3 C crystallized ginger + extra for the top finely chopped
- 1 jar Agriberry Farm strawberry jam
- 1 1/2 t powdered unsweetened gelatin
- 1 1/2 t corn starch
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Place the cookies in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until ground to crumbs and add almond flour. Pulse to combine.
Pour the melted butter over the crumbs; pulse to combine. Dump the mixture into a greased pie pan. Gently press the crumb mixture up the sides and evenly over the bottom of the pan. Bake for approximately 10 minutes; place in the fridge to cool then cool.
While the shell is baking and cooling, slice the berries into a large bowl. Add the chopped ginger and gently toss.
- Place the strawberry jam, gelatin, cornstarch and salt in a small microwave-safe bowl. Mix until well combined. Place in the microwave and cook for 1 1/2 to 3 minutes until boiling. Watch carefully. Once boiling, remove from the microwave and pour over the berries. Mix well.
Fill the pie crust with the filling mixture. Gently shake it side-to-side to settle. Place in the fridge for 3 hours to set. Serve cold with lots of fresh whipped cream!
Yields 8 slices.