Colleen has been making this Geyer family favorite for years, and it isn't spring without one!
- 6 med stalks fresh rhubarb (4 cups frozen) cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced strawberries halved lengthwise
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) melted
Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 2 ½ qt ceramic baking dish
Combine all filling ingredients and stir until evenly mixed and coated. Add to prepared baking dish.
Stir together the dry ingredients until combined. Pour in butter and stir with a fork until the mixture is moistened and crumbly.
Evenly distribute over the filling.
Bake 35-40 minutes until the topping is brown and the filling is bubbly. Allow to cool 30 minutes to an hour before serving.
The Geyer family agrees it is best served warm with whipped cream or ice cream.