This recipe is great in the summer when it’s easy to get most of the ingredients locally and at their flavor peak. This salsa is great with corn chips, atop your next batch of tacos, or a lovely side or finishing touch for grilled meat and seafood.
It can be made and enjoyed right away, or stored in the fridge for up to five days, and the ratio of ingredients can be adjusted to whatever you have on hand. You can adjust the level of spiciness by increasing the amount of jalapeno to taste, or omitting it altogether.
- 2 cups Fully ripened tomatoes, diced 2-3 Med.
- 1 pint blackberries, halved or quartered Depending on size
- 2-3 tablespoons Red onion, minced Green, white or yellow onions are also fine
- 1-3 tablespoons Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-3 tablespoons Fresh basil. chopped
- ½ Jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced Optional
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Serve immediately, or cover and chill. Enjoy!
Salt and Pepper, to taste