- 1 C butter, softened
- 1 C firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 C granulated sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3 1/4 C all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 C fresh blackberries* (2 pints)
- 4 C peeled (click here for quick instructions on how to peel fresh peaches), sliced fresh firm, ripe peaches or nectarines (approx. 4 large or 6 medium)
- 3 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
- 1 cup roasted glazed pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first 2 ingredients and 1 cup granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Stir together baking powder, salt, and 3 cups flour; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Spread three-fourths of batter in a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan; sprinkle with blackberries.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup flour in a medium bowl; add peaches and bourbon, stirring to coat. Spoon mixture over blackberries.
- Stir pecans into remaining batter; dollop over peach mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden and bubbly. Cool completely on a wire rack (at least 1 hour). Cut into bars.
* You can substitute 4 cups of any other berries if desired.